Admissions and Visas
We welcome applications from overseas students to study at St John’s.
Children who are citizens of countries outside the European Economic Area and who are studying, or wish to study, at schools in the UK for a period of more than 6 months (away from parents), will need to follow a new points-based system. Further information may be obtained from the UK Government – Visas website.
The normal procedure is as follows:
• Contact the Admissions Department to arrange a visit to the school (if required)
by phone (+44  1395 513984) or email.
• Complete and return the registration form with the registration fee.
• EAL Assessment (English as an Additional Language) to be completed in home country.
This will be emailed to you by the Admissions Department.
• Sixth Form Entry (Year 12) – General Entry paper and online assessment to be
completed plus Skype Interview with Head of Sixth Form.
• Reports and references requested from current school.
• The School makes a formal offer of a place.
• Read the Terms and Conditions
• Complete and return the acceptance form with the deposit
• St John’s sends relevant information and forms for completion.
If parents require any additional school policies such as school trips and outings or child protection information, please contact the School Office by telephone +44 (0) 1395 513984 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also available is a list of staff currently at the school, including their qualifications.
The Admissions Department will be delighted to hear from you at any time and to answer any questions or queries that you may have. Please contact us either directly by phone or email or by completing the Admissions Form below:
Telephone: +44 (0) 1395 513984
Fax: +44 (0) 1395 514539
We work both in the school holidays and term time although we do suggest that you visit the school when the pupils, Headmaster and members of staff are present.
If you are only in the country for a limited period or have extensive work commitments we would be happy to show you around St John’s at your convenience.
We value visits by individual families where we can focus on your child and answer fully all your questions. Click here to view ourAdmissions Policy.